- Clean and dry the chicken thighs and set aside.
- Melt the oil (and ghee, if using) in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste to the pan and saute for 1 minute. Then stir in the spice mixture and vinegar.
- Add the onions, chilies, salt and curry leaves, and saute until brown.
- Gently place the chicken thighs and potatoes into the masala mixture and sear the thighs on both sides. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pan, and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix 1 cup of the coconut milk with water in a small bowl. Add the milk mixture to the chicken once it has cooked and simmer on low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining coconut milk and remove the pan from the oven. Serve the chicken curry warm with either naan or steamed rice.
2 lbs chicken tights with bones
3 tbsp grape seed of sunflower oil
1 tbsp ghee (optional)
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tbsp Passion for Spices' Keralan Curry
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 C onions, minced
1 medium green chili, halved
2 tsp salt
2 stalks of curry leaves or bay leaf (optional)
7 small yellow potatoes
1 C water
1 + 1/2 C coconut milk