- Soak the rice in cold water for about two hours.
- Boil water in medium pot with one teaspoon of salt and cook the rice for about 10 minutes. Drain the rice, and mix the lemon juice and keep it aside.
- Combine the Ghee and the oil together and fry cashew nuts and keep it aside.
- Add the onions to the oil and ghee mixture and fry them crisp. Then add the whole spices in the remaining oil on medium heat and as the aroma comes grate the ginger into the oil and sauté for about two more minutes.
- Add the vegetables and the remaining teaspoon of salt and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Spread the rice on the serving platter and top it with the crispy onions and cashew nuts. You can serve this with grilled chicken or grilled vegetables.
2 cups Basmati rice
1 teaspoon grated ginger
2 cups frozen/fresh peas
1 medium red onions sliced thin
3 whole cardamoms
3 whole cloves
1 bunch fresh mint
5 whole black peppercorns
4 oz whole cashew nuts (optional)
2 teaspoon kosher salt
4 cups water/vegetable stock or Chicken stock
3 tablespoon Ghee
3 tablespoon Canola oil