Serves: 6 - 8
- Heat all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Let the brine cool before adding to the turkey. Then stir in white wine.
- Refrigerate in the brine for 4 days.
- Once the turkey is ready to roast, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. dry turkey well then coat with ghee and paprika.
- Roast the turkey in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, about two hours. Take our the turkey and tent it with aluminum foil for an hour.
1 20 pound whole turkey
1 cup kosher salt
1 cup honey
4 allspice berries
2 cinnamon sticks
3/4 cup celery
2 bay leaves
1 sprig thyme
2 tsp. Keralan curry powder
10 cups water or to cover turkey
1 cup dry white wine
If an alto sham is at your disposable, cook the turkey at 250 in the alto sham for 4 hours and let it cool for at least 6 hours.