Father's day is a great opportunity for families to connect and do something special for your Dad. Passion for Spices has some great ideas for you to celebrate the special person in your family.
This year Passion for Spices has introduced a Family Series providing a platform for families to cook together and learn some classics cooking techniques. This class is designed for children and adults to work, learn, and cook together, and enjoy a family meal together.
Here is the Family Series Cooking Camp Brochure
We have many interesting themes to choose from:
To Register for the camp:
Grilled Masala Lamb Chops with Pickled Salad
This is dish is popular in the northern Indian regions and can be done on the tandoor or any outside grill.
Serving size: 2 oz.
1. Using a paring knife, cut a few 1/4-inch-deep slashes in each lamb chop.
2. In a large bowl, mix the marinade, the spice masala and add 1 teaspoon of salt. Transfer the lamb chops to the marinade and turn to coat, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. Add the oil to the marinade and toss with the lamb chops. Remove the chops from the marinade and let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
4. Light a grill. Season the chops with the remaining tsp of salt and grill over moderately high heat for 8 minutes, turning once, until well browned.
5. Brush both sides of the chops with the ghee and grill for another 2 minutes per side for medium-rare.
You could use store bought garam masala which has nutmeg, cinnamon, cardomom, mace etc..
Any Curry blend which has a mild flavor.
8 lamb rib chops (2 1/2 pounds) (for the marinade)
3/4 cup low fat Greek yogurt
¼ low fat sour cream
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
One 3-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
4 large garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon malt vinegar
2 tsp sunflower oil
2 cups / 300 g julienned radish (skin on)
2 small red onions, thinly sliced
1 green chili, julienned
1/4 tsp / 1.7 g salt
Juice of 1 lemon