Serves 8 - 10
1 cup of masoor dal (orange colored lentils)
1 lb butternut squash, cleaned, peeled and cut into one inch cubes
1 tsp turmeric
2 medium onions, cut half inch cubes 3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
1 tsp Keralan Curry
2 tbs + 1tsp sunflower oil 1 green chili (optional)
½ lime juiced
1 ½ tsp kosher salt (For the Garnish)
1 tbs,cilantro leaves chopped
- Wash and drain the lentils. Keep aside.
- Take a pressure cooker, set to sauté and sauté the onions for 2 minutes on medium heat, then add the garlic cloves and the spices, sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash and stir well for 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups of water to the cooker and add the salt. Cover and cook on pressure for about 6 minutes.
- Release the pressure, mix and add the lime juice.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve.